3025 approaches Mumps for the first time with the by-pass visible to the left. The bridge over Waterloo Street can be seen in front of the tram.
The site to the left was the home of Oldham’s first gasworks, opened by the Oldham Gas Light and Water Company in 1825. This works passed into the ownership of Oldham Corporation and remained in use until 1932 when all production was concentrated at Higginshaw. The site remained in use for many years after that the gasholders, offices and workshops remained in use.
NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D700, f/9 @ 50 mm, 1/320, ISO 2000, No Flash