The Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Traction Company was a successor to the similarly-named Tramways company which had opened a line from Ripley to Nottingham. This 15-mile route was replaced by trolleybuses, with the last trams running in 1933. The trolleybuses didn't have a very long life with the system being closed on 25th April 1953, the whole fleet being sold to Bradford.
Notts and Derby was owned by Balfour Beatty.
© David Beilby