Subject: Taff-Ely BC 93 (GTX 936D) Chassis: AEC Regent V 2MD3RA Body: Longwell Green H34/26F Location: Rhydyfelin, Duffryn Road Date: Oct-1975
Arriving at the stop outside Rhydyfelin Post Office is 93 going back to Pontypridd, despite the destination. To the rear is the Rhydyfelin branch of the Ynysybwl Industrial Cooperative Society, a small village Society that was very successful and grew out of its village roots to cover not only Pontypridd but down the valley to the outskirts of Cardiff. This branch was built in 1929.
Across the road from 93 was once the Round Houses, a most unusual building incorporating eight homes in a single round building and was initially leased to The Ancient Order of Druids when built around 1834. Sadly it was demolished just over a hundred years later, about 1938.