This rather rarely-photographed service started operation on 12th August 1931. It soon ceased as there was little traffic, the area being well-served by the nearby trolleybus service.
It restarted around July 1932, now extended from its original terminus at Central Square to Thurston Road. In September 1933 the service was again cut back, some buses being instead run to The Common.
The service remained a quiet one and was just three journeys a day by 1968. It had ceased completely by 1974 but would be superseded in any case by diversions needed to the Cilfynydd service due to construction of the A470(T).
© David Beilby